Cracker Jack Ice Cream Sandwiches
Published on Wed, 05/14/2014 - 3:37pm
For many, the best moments involve precious times spent with those they cherish the most. When this special family bonding happens in the kitchen, it’s easy to create memories to last a lifetime.
When you’re in the mood to try out new recipes, look for those that bring the whole family together. Add crunchy texture and sweetness to a classic casserole or a decadent sundae with a special treat, such as new Cracker Jack Chocolate & Caramel Popcorn snacks. You’ll serve up some smiles and new family memories while creating these recipes, which feature this scrumptious, caramel-coated favorite.
- 3 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons pumpkin pie spice
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup brown sugar, packed
- 1/2 cup butter, room temperature
- 1/4 cup vegetable shortening
- 1 egg
- 3/4 cup molasses
- 3/4 cup buttermilk
- 3 cups Cracker Jack Original Caramel Coated Popcorn and Peanuts snacks
- 1/2 gallon vanilla, cinnamon, maple, or caramel swirl ice cream, softened
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Line baking sheets with parchment paper.
- In mixing bowl, whisk together flour, pie spice, baking soda and salt.
- In large mixing bowl, cream together brown sugar, butter and shortening until light and fluffy. Add egg, beat until incorporated, then blend in molasses and buttermilk.
- Mix dry ingredients into butter mixture. Fold in Cracker Jack snacks.
- Scoop about 3 tablespoons of dough for each cookie onto prepared baking sheets, spacing 2 inches apart.
- Bake until cookies are set, 10 to 12 minutes. Do not over bake.
- Cool cookies on baking sheet for few minutes, then transfer to rack to cool completely.
- Assemble sandwiches by scooping about 1/4 cup ice cream onto bottom of cookie. Top with second cookie, sandwiching gently so ice cream spreads to edges.
- Serve immediately or wrap in plastic and freeze until firm.